The Wandering Earth

00320037394_ef87fd55.jpg

wander
英 [ˈwɒndə]  美 [ˈwɑndər]
v. 漫步,徘徊;迷路;偏离正题

下面一起来学习一下部分节选英文
开头部分
我没见过黑夜,我没见过星星,我没见过春天、秋天和冬天。我出生在刹车时代结束的时候,那时地球刚刚停止转动。

I have never seen the night. I have never seen the stars. I have never seen spring, fall, or winter. I was born as the Braking Era ended, just as the Earth stopped turning.

从我住的地方,可以看到几百台发动机喷出的等离子体光柱。你想像一个巨大的宫殿,有雅典卫城上的神殿那么大,殿中有无数根顶天立地的巨柱,每根柱子像一根巨大的日光灯管那样发出蓝白色的强光。而你,是那巨大宫殿地板上的一个细菌,这样,你就可以想像到我所在的世界是什么样子了。

From where I lived, I could see the bright plasma beams of hundreds of engines. Imagine an enormous palace, as big as the Parthenon on the Acropolis. Inside the palace, countless massive columns rise up to the vaulted ceiling, each one blazing with the blue-white light of a fluorescent tube. And you, you are just a germ on the palace’s floor. That was the world I lived in.

将要来临的氦闪爆发
终于,我们看到了那令人胆寒的火焰,开始时只是天水连线上的一个亮点,很快增大,渐渐显示出了圆弧的形状。这时,我感到自己的喉咙被什么东西掐住了,恐惧使我窒息,脚下的甲板仿佛突然消失,我在向海的深渊坠下去,坠下去……和我一起下坠的还有灵儿,她那蛛丝般柔弱的小身躯紧贴着我颤抖着;还有其他孩子,其他的所有人,整个世界,都在下坠。这时我又想起了那个谜语,我曾问过哲学老师,那堵墙是什么颜色的,他说应该是黑色的。我觉得不对,我想像中的死亡之墙应该是雪亮的,这就是为什么那道等离子体墙让我想起了它。这个时代,死亡不再是黑色的,它是闪电的颜色,当那最后的闪电到来时,世界将在瞬间变成蒸汽。

Finally, we glimpsed the gut-chilling flame. At first, it was just a point of light on the horizon, but it quickly grew into a blazing arc. I felt my throat close up in terror. It seemed as if the deck beneath my feet had suddenly vanished. I was falling into the blackness of the sea, falling... Linger fell with me, her spindly frame quivering against mine. Our classmates, everyone else, even the entire world fell into the abyss. Then I remembered the riddle. I had asked our philosophy teacher what color the wall was. He told me that it was black. I thought he was wrong. I always imagined the wall of death would be bright as fresh snow. That was why I had remembered it when I saw the wall of plasma. In this era, death was no longer black. It was the color of lightning, and when that final bolt struck, the world would be vaporized in an instant.

逃亡计划
人类的逃亡分为五步:第一步,用地球发动机使地球停止转动,使发动机喷口固定在地球运行的反方向;第二步,全功率开动地球发动机,使地球加速到逃逸速度,飞出太阳系;第三步,在外太空继续加速,飞向比邻星;第四步,在中途使地球重新自转,掉转发动机方向,开始减速;第五步,地球泊入比邻星轨道,成为这颗恒星的卫星。人们把这五步分别称为刹车时代、逃逸时代、流浪时代Ⅰ(加速)、流浪时代Ⅱ(减速)、新太阳时代。

Humanity’s escape was a five-step process. First, the Earth Engines would generate thrust in the opposite direction of Earth’s movement, halting its rotation. Second, operating at full capacity, the engines would accelerate Earth until it reached escape velocity, flinging it from the solar system. Third, Earth would continue to accelerate as it flew through outer space toward Proxima Centauri. Fourth, the engines would reverse direction, restarting Earth’s rotation and decelerating gradually. Fifth, Earth would enter into orbit around Proxima Centauri, becoming its satellite. People called these five steps the “Braking Era”, the “Deserting Era”, the “First Wandering Era” (during acceleration), the “Second Wandering Era” (during deceleration), and the “Neosolar Era”.

整个移民过程将延续两千五百年时间,一百代人。

The entire migration process was projected to last 2,500 years, over one hundred generations.

太阳危机下的人类疏散
升降梯的载运量很小,要把这座城市的36万人运出去需要很长时间,但也没有必要去争夺生存的机会,联合政府的危急法把一切都安排好了。

The carrying capacity of the lifts was very limited. It would take ages to move all three hundred and sixty thousand residents to safety, but there was no need to scramble for a place on the lifts. The Coalition’s Emergency Act had made all necessary arrangements for the evacuation.
最后给大家分享一句话
Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man as he real.

每当两人相遇时,实际上有六个人存在:那就是各自眼中的自己,各自在对方眼中的自己和各自真实的自我。

快记下来,
今年考试没准儿就用上了!

微信图片_20190213094600.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表