新盐城乐聚社区

[资料分享] 50个地道习语

[复制链接] 0
回复
1020
查看
打印 上一主题 下一主题

2616

主题

2647

帖子

8906

积分

版主

Rank: 19Rank: 19Rank: 19

积分
8906

首届研讨会纪念勋章

楼主
跳转到指定楼层
分享到:
发表于 2016-5-21 20:11:44 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
50个地道习语

今天我们奉上50个接地气儿的英文习语的完整版。学会这些,你离native speaker又近了一步~

1. cry wolf 喊“狼来了”;发假警报

If you cry wolf too often, people will stop believing that you need help.
如果你常喊“狼来了”,人们便不会再相信你需要帮助。

2. freak flag 独特之处,另类的一面

My high school literature teacher taught me to always be true to myself and to wear my freak flag proudly.
我高中的语文老师告诉我,要永远遵从自己的内心,骄傲地展现出自己另类的一面。

3. get out of hand 失控

The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.
聚会失去了控制,宾客们开始相互扔瓶子。

4. get your head around it 明白,搞清楚

I just can’t get my head around the fact that Joe is leaving us.
难以置信乔就要离开我们了。

5. dig in your heels / stick to your guns 坚持立场

My parents wanted me to give up writing, but I dug in my heels / stuck to my guns and went on to become a famous writer.
父母想让我放弃写作,但我坚持了下来,终于成为著名的作家。

6. pound the pavement 徘徊于街头找工作

I’d been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.
我在街上转了好几个月,终于找到了一份快餐店的工作。

7. pull a rabbit out of a hat 使出奇招

I thought we were going bankrupt, but my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract.
我以为我们就要破产了,谁知我的合伙人使出奇招,帮我们拉来了一个大单子。

8. leave no stone unturned 想方设法,千方百计

I’ll leave no stone unturned until I find out who did this.
我会想尽一切办法,找出此事背后的那个人。

9. get it out of your system 不吐不快,不做不爽

I wasn’t sure how she was going to react, but I had to get it out of my system, so I told her I had found another woman.
我不确定她会作何反应,但我真的不想再憋着了——我告诉她,我喜欢上了另一个女人。

10. step up your game 有更好的表现

If you want to win this competition, you’ll have to step up your game.
如果你想赢得这场比赛,你必须得有更好的表现。

11. you rock 你真棒

Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!
罗布,谢谢你提供的票。你真厉害!

12. cut sb some slack 给(某人)方便;对(某人)网开一面

- Andrew's late again.
- 安德鲁又迟到了。
- Cut him some slack - his wife's just had a baby."
- 对他就网开一面吧——他妻子刚生小孩。”

13. come out swinging 开始相互攻击

After a day off, Hillary and Trump this morning again launched another hard week of campaigning, and they both came out swinging.
休息了一天后,希拉里和特朗普今早又开始了为期一周的艰苦竞选旅程,两人又开始互掐。

14. go up in flames 毁于一旦,受到重创

His career went up in flames when he was jailed for theft.
他因为偷盗坐牢后事业受到了重创。

15. pull yourself together 恢复镇定;控制自己

I understand you’ve had a bad day, but pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?
我知道你这一天过得很糟,但你一定要振作起来,工作还得继续,不是吗?

16. crunch time 关键时刻

I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at work.
我最近睡眠不够。正赶上工作的关键时期。

17. once in a blue moon 少有地

My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.
我姐姐住在阿拉斯加,所以我很少去看她。

18. tar sb with the same brush 认为……是一丘之貉

Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brush as Tim.
由于在同一个部门工作,关系又非常密切,约翰被认为跟蒂姆是一路人。

19. hang in there 坚持住;挺住

Work can get tough in the middle of a term but hang on in there and it'll be OK.
到了学期中间功课会变得很难,但坚持下去就会好的。

20. shoot from the hip 鲁莽行动(或讲话)

Miss Lee, I have to apologize for shooting from the hip and yelling at you for losing the papers. I was in a big hurry and forgot I left them right here in my drawer.
李小姐,我必须向你道歉。我由于找不到文件而对你发火太鲁莽了。当时我实在着急,忘了是我自己把文件放在这儿抽屉里的。

21. be a catch 值得追求的人,宜婚对象

John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.
约翰今晚带我出去了。他是个靠谱的结婚对象,我希望他能向我求婚。

22. running on fumes 非常疲惫,就快熬不住了

I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go home now. I haven’t slept for twenty hours and I’m running on fumes.
抱歉,我现在得回家。我已经有20个小时没睡了,快熬不住了。

23. sell (sb) out 背叛;出卖

French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.
法国农场主感到在谈判中他们被政府出卖了。

24. sell sb (on sth) 说服某人(做某事)

OK, you’ve sold me. I’ll go with you.
好吧,你说服我了。我跟你一起去。

25. blow sb away 使(某人)大为惊讶;令(某人)非常高兴

The ending will blow you away.
结局会让你无比惊喜。

26. blow smoke 蒙人,骗人,放烟雾弹

I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.
我没骗你,我真得读过托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》。

27. couldn't care less (表示强调)一点也不在乎

- That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.
- 那人从商店偷了一瓶葡萄酒。
- Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.
- 是吗?管我P事。

28. chuffed to bits 高兴,兴奋

Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.
嗨,谢谢你的礼物!我很喜欢。

29. feel under the weather 生病;觉得不舒服

I'm feeling a bit under the weather - I think I've caught a cold.
我觉得有点不舒服——可能是感冒了。

30. tickled pink 高兴极了

I was tickled pink to be invited.
能受到邀请我真是开心死了。

31. by the skin of your teeth 侥幸成功,勉强做成

I hadn’t studied much, but passed the test by the skin of my teeth.
我没怎么学,但侥幸过了,离挂科只差一点点。

32. comfort food (难过或焦虑时食用的)安慰食品,开心食品

Fat and sugar – the twin pillars of the best comfort food.
脂肪和糖类是安慰食品的两大支柱。

33. skeleton staff (企业或机构运转需要的)最基本的工作人员

The hospital has a skeleton staff at weekends.
该医院周末只有必需岗位上的工作人员会上班。

34. baker's dozen 十三

We had a baker's dozen of eggs for fourteen of us at the time. How could we even them out?
当时我们十四个人有十三个鸡蛋。怎么分得均呢?

35. let the chips fall where they may 随它去,不去管结果了

Kathy decided to risk her money on the investment, and let the chips fall where they may.
凯西决定冒险投资,不去管结果了。

36. no-brainer 不费脑筋之事;容易处理的问题

That last test question was a complete no-brainer.
最后那道测试题丝毫不费脑筋。

37. a stone's throw 很短的距离,掷石之遥

The cottage is just a stone's throw from the sea.
小屋离海只有一箭之遥。

38. hear (sth) on/through the grapevine 从传闻中听说;通过道听途说获悉;听小道消息知道

I heard on the grapevine that he was leaving - is it true?
我听到传闻说他要离开了——是真的吗?

39. sit on the fence 骑墙观望,犹豫不决

You can't sit on the fence any longer - you have decide whose side you're on.
你不能再骑墙观望了——你必须决定支持谁。

40. take sth with a pinch of salt 对……半信半疑,对……有所怀疑

You have to take everything she says with a pinch of salt, she does tend to exaggerate.
你不能完全相信她的话,她总是喜欢夸大其词。

41. freak (sb) out 气疯了,乐呆了,吓坏了

He freaked out when he heard he'd got the job.
得知自己被录用后,他乐坏了。

42. piece of cake 非常容易的事情

The exam was a piece of cake.
考试很简单。

43. hit the nail on the head 说中要害,说到点子上

I think Mick hit the nail on the head when he said that what's lacking from this company is a feeling of confidence.
米克说这家公司缺乏的是一种自信,我认为他说到点子上了。

44. cost an arm and a leg 花了一大笔钱

These shoes cost me an arm and a leg.
这双鞋花了我一大笔钱。

45. hit the books 学习;做功课

I can't go out tonight. I've got to hit the books.
我今晚不能出门,我得做功课。

46. bite off more than you can chew 承担力所不及的事;不自量力

Clinton conceded, "We bit off more than we could chew in our original health care reform proposals."
克林顿承认,“我们最初的医疗改革计划超出了我们的能力。”

47. when pigs fly 永无可能;决不可能

- Aren’t you going to buy that house?
- 你不打算买那套房了吗?
- I will when pigs fly. It’s just so expensive, I don’t think it’ll happen.
- 除非猪会飞吧。太贵了,我是肯定买不起了。

48. judge a book by its cover 以貌取人

- I don’t like our new neighbours very much, they’re quite strange.
- 我不喜欢咱们的新邻居,他们看起来怪怪的。
- You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. I think they’re just a bit quirky but really nice!
- 不要以貌取人哦。我觉得他们虽然看起来有点怪,但性格很好。

49. miss the boat (因行动慢而)错过机会,坐失良机

There were tickets available last week, but he missed the boat by waiting till today to try to buy some.
上周还有些票,但他一直等到今天才想去买,错过了机会。

50. go the extra mile 付出比别人期望中还要大的努力

He's a nice guy, always ready to go the extra mile for his friends.
他是个好人,帮助朋友从来不怕麻烦。

(文章转自网络)

真诚 努力 爱心




回复

使用道具 举报

使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表